1954 Los Angeles State Diablos football team
|1954 Los Angeles State Diablos football|
|Conference||California Collegiate Athletic Association|
|1954 record||2–6–1 (0–4 CCAA)|
|Head coach||Leonard (Bud) Adams (4th season)|
|Home stadium||Snyder Stadium|
|1954 California Collegiate Athletic Association football standings|
|Fresno State $||4||–||0||–||0||7||–||3||–||0|
|San Diego State||2||–||2||–||0||5||–||4||–||0|
|Los Angeles State||0||–||4||–||0||2||–||6||–||1|
Los Angeles State competed in the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA). The team was led by fourth-year head coach Leonard (Bud) Adams, who had been the leader of the team since the school started playing intercollegiate football in 1951. The Diablos played home games at Snyder Stadium. They finished the season with a record of two wins, six losses and one tie (2–6–1, 0–4 CCAA).
|September 24||Occidental*||T 6–6|
|October 2||at Fresno State[note 2]||L 19–49||5,663|
|October 8||8:00 PM||Caltech*||W 20–12|
|October 15||8:00 PM||Santa Barbara[note 3]||L 6–9|
|October 23||2:00 PM||at San Diego State[note 4]||L 0–38||7,000|
|October 30||at La Verne*||W 13–7|
|November 6||at Whittier*||L 0–21|
|November 12||8:00 PM||Cal Poly[note 5]||L 0–47|
|November 19||8:00 PM||at Pepperdine[note 6]*||L 0–6|
Team players in the NFL
- California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State LA) was known as Los Angeles State College of Applied Arts and Sciences from 1947 to 1963.
- California State University, Fresno was known as Fresno State College from 1949 to 1971.
- University of California, Santa Barbara was known as Santa Barbara College of the University of California from 1944 to 1958.
- San Diego State University was known as San Diego State College from 1935 to 1971.
- The official name of Cal Poly has been California Polytechnic State University since 1947. However, it is more commonly known as either Cal Poly San Luis Obispo or just Cal Poly.
- Pepperdine University was known as George Pepperdine College from 1937 to 1970.
- "Fresno State 2016 Media Guide" (PDF). Retrieved December 8, 2016.
- Howard Hagen (October 24, 1954). "Aztec Subs Romp, L.A. Falls, 38-0". The San Diego Union. San Diego, California. p. B-1.
- "1954 - Cal St.-Los Angeles". Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "1955 NFL Draft". Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "Los Angeles St. Players/Alumni". Retrieved January 19, 2017.