1954 U.S. National Championships – Women's Singles
|1954 U.S. National Championships|
|Final score||6–8, 6–1, 8–6|
Second-seeded Doris Hart defeated Louise Brough 6–8, 6–1, 8–6 in the final to win the Women's Singles tennis title at the 1954 U.S. National Championships. Maureen Connolly was the three-time defending champion, but was unable to defend her title after a horse riding accident.
- Q = Qualifier
- WC = Wild Card
- LL = Lucky Loser
- r. = retired
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed.). [New York City]: New Chapter Press. p. 471. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- G.P. Hughes, ed. (1955). Dunlop Lawn Tennis Annual and Almanack 1955. London: Ed. J. Burrow & Co. Ltd. pp. 178–181.
- "Tennis great Mo Connolly dies in Texas". Spokesman-Review. Associated Press. June 22, 1969. p. 4-sports.
- "Trabert Seeded First in Field". Spokane Daily Chronicle. AP. August 26, 1954 – via Google News Archive.
- "National Tennis Tournament Starts Today". Herald-Journal. AP. August 28, 1954. p. 7 – via Google News Archive.