1954 in Japan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1954|
History of Japan • Timeline • Years
Events in the year 1954 in Japan.
- Emperor: Hirohito
- Prime minister: Shigeru Yoshida (Liberal Democratic) until December 10, Ichirō Hatoyama (Liberal Democratic)
- Chief Cabinet Secretary: Kenji Fukunaga until December 10, Ryutaro Nemoto
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court: Kōtarō Tanaka
- President of the House of Representatives: Yasujirō Tsutsumi until December 10, Tō Matsunaga from December 11
- President of the House of Councillors: Yahachi Kawai
- April 26 - Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai released in Japan.
- July 1 - The Japanese Self-Defense Forces are established.
- September 26 - A typhoon in the Tsugaru Strait sinks the ferry Tōya Maru, killing over 1,100 passengers and crew, wrecks at least seven other ships and seriously damages nine more.
- November 3 - Godzilla released in Japan.
- January 14 - Masanobu Fuchi, professional wrestler
- January 19 -Yumi Matsutoya, singer
- January 28 - Kaneto Shiozawa, voice actor
- January 29 - Yukinobu Hoshino, cartoonist
- February 4 - Shigeru Chiba, Voice actor and actor
- February 11 - Noriyuki Asakura, composer
- February 17 - Yuji Takada, free-style wrestler
- March 2 - Gara Takashima, voice actress
- March 23 - Hideyuki Hori, voice actor
- March 26 - Kazuhiko Inoue, voice actor
- April 2 - Susumu Hirasawa, musician
- April 17 - Norio Imamura, voice actor
- April 22 - Jōji Nakata, voice actor
- April 29 - Kazuko Kurosawa, costume designer
- May 19 - Hōchū Ōtsuka, voice actor
- May 22 - Shuji Nakamura, electronics engineer
- June 2 - Chiyoko Kawashima, voice actress
- June 4 - Kazuhiro Yamaji, actor and voice actor
- July 10 - Yō Yoshimura, voice actor
- July 2 - Saori Minami, idol and singer
- August 1 - Junpei Morita, actor and voice actor
- September 16 - Masahiro Andoh, musician, guitarist of T-Square (band)
- September 21 - Shinzō Abe, incumbent Prime Minister of Japan
- October 18 - Yūji Mitsuya, voice actor
- November 8 - Kazuo Ishiguro, author
- November 20 - Bin Shimada, voice actor
- July 28 - Sōjin Kamiyama, film star during the silent film era (b. 1884)
- September 21 - Mikimoto Kōkichi, pearl farm pioneer (b. 1858)
- October 6 - Yukio Ozaki, politician (b. 1859)
- "Hirohito | Biography, Accomplishments, & Facts". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
|This Japanese history–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|