1955 Wyoming Cowboys football team
|1955 Wyoming Cowboys football|
Sun Bowl champion
|1955 record||8–3 (5–2 Skyline)|
|Head coach||Phil Dickens (3rd season)|
|Home stadium||War Memorial Stadium|
|1955 Skyline Conference football standings|
|Colorado A&M $||6||–||1||–||0||8||–||2||–||0|
The 1955 Wyoming Cowboys football team represented the University of Wyoming in the 1955 college football season. It was the Cowboys' 60th season and they competed as a member of the Skyline Conference. The team was led by head coach Phil Dickens, in his third year, and played their home games at War Memorial Stadium in Laramie, Wyoming. They finished with a record of eight wins and three losses (8–3, 5–2 Skyline) and with a win over Texas Tech in the 1956 Sun Bowl. The Cowboys offense scored 225 points, while the defense allowed 137 points.
|September 17||at Kansas State*||W 38–20|
|September 24||at Montana*||W 35–6|
|October 1||Utah Agricultural||W 21–13|
|October 8||Colorado A&M||L 13–14|
|October 15||Tulsa*||W 23–19|
|October 22||at Utah||W 23–13|
|October 29||BYU||W 14–6|
|November 12||at New Mexico*||W 20–0|
|November 24||at Denver||L 3–6|
|December 3||at Houston*||L 14–26|
|January 1||vs. Texas Tech*||W 21–14||14,500|
1955 team players in the NFL
The following were selected in the 1956 NFL Draft.
|Joe Mastrogiovanni||Back||17||198||Philadelphia Eagles|
- "1955 Wyoming Cowboys Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "2018 Wyoming Football Media Guide" (PDF). University of Wyoming. 2018. p. 212.
- "Pokes Stumble, Fumble and Fall". Casper Morning Star. November 25, 1955. p. 31 – via Newspapers.com.
- "University of Wyoming – 1955". College Football Reference. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- "1956 NFL Draft". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 10, 2012.