1956 in Malaya
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
1956 in Malaya.
- Governor of Malaya :
- Chief Minister Federation of Malaya :
- Perlis :
- Johore :
- Kedah :
- Kelantan :
- Terengganu :
- Selangor :
- Penang :
- Malacca :
- Negri Sembilan :
- Pahang :
- Perak :
- Unknown date - Catholic High School, Malaysia in Petaling Jaya is founded by Rev. Bro. Philippe Wu of the Marist Brothers.
- 8 February - The Treaty of London 1956 was signed to set up the independent Federation of Malaya
- 20 February - Tunku Abdul Rahman announced in Malacca Town after he returned from London that Malaya would become independent on 31 August 1957.
- March - The Rural and Industrial Development Authority (RIDA) Training Centre (Dewan Latehan RIDA) was established.
- March - Reid Commission is established for drafting the Constitution of the Federation of Malaya .
- 22 June - Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka was established as Balai Pustaka in Johor Bahru.
- 22 June - Pipeline ambush.
- 1 July - The Federal Land Development Authority (FELDA) was established.
- 24 October - Malayan Party was established by Tan Gee Gak.
- 22 November-8 December - Malaya competed for the first time in 1956 Olympic Games at Melbourne, Australia. 32 competitors, 31 men and 1 woman, took part in 13 events in 5 sports.
- 28 December - Baling Talks is held to attempt resolve Malayan Emergency.
- 1 January - Mona Fandey - Singer and witchcraft involved in murder Mazlan Idris in 1993 (died by hanging 2001)
- 8 February - Raja Iskandar Dzulkarnain - Raja Di-Hilir Perak
- 2 May - Mohamad bin Hasan - Politician
- 10 July - K. Rajagopal - Coach and footballer
- 11 September - Mohd Hatta Ramli - Politician
- 2 November - Arif Shah Omar Shah - Politician
- 15 November - Ong Ka Ting - Politician
- 27 November - Sultan Nazrin Muizuddin Shah - 35th Sultan of Perak
- Louisa Chong - Actor
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2016)