1956 in Pakistan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||Other events of 1956|
List of years in Pakistan
Events from the year 1956 in Pakistan.
- Governor-General: Iskander Mirza (until 23 March)
- President: Iskander Mirza (starting 23 March)
- Prime Minister: Chaudhry Muhammad Ali (until 12 September), Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy (starting 12 September)
- Chief Justice: Muhammad Munir
- March 23, Pakistan becomes the first Islamic republic in the world. (Republic Day in Pakistan)
- March 23, Iskander Mirza becomes the first President of Pakistan.
- September, Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy becomes Prime Minister of Pakistan.
|This article about Pakistani history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|