1957 British Grand Prix
|Race 5 of 8 in the 1957 Formula One season|
|Date||20 July 1957|
|Official name||X RAC British Grand Prix
XVII Grand Prix d'Europe
|Location||Aintree Circuit, Liverpool, England|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||4.828 km (3.000 mi)|
|Distance||90 laps, 434.52 km (270.00 mi)|
The 1957 British Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held on 20 July 1957 at the Aintree Circuit, near Liverpool. It was the tenth British Grand Prix, and the fifth World Championship race of the 1957 Formula One season. The race was won by Stirling Moss and Tony Brooks, who shared driving duties in a Vanwall. It was the third and final time that a Grand Prix had been won by two drivers in a shared car. This was the first occasion that a British-built car won a World Drivers' Championship race, a feat achieved with two British drivers at their home Grand Prix.
|1||20|| Tony Brooks
|2||14||Luigi Musso||Ferrari||90||+25.6 secs||10||6|
|3||10||Mike Hawthorn||Ferrari||90||+42.8 secs||5||4|
|4||16|| Maurice Trintignant
|5||36||Roy Salvadori||Cooper-Climax||85||+5 Laps||15||2|
|6||38||Bob Gerard||Cooper-Bristol||82||+8 Laps||18|
|7||22||Stuart Lewis-Evans||Vanwall||82||+8 Laps||6|
|8||32||Ivor Bueb||Maserati||71||+19 Laps||19|
|Ret||12||Peter Collins||Ferrari||53||Water Leak||8|
|Ret||18|| Stirling Moss
|Ret||2||Juan Manuel Fangio||Maserati||49||Engine||4|
|Ret||6||Harry Schell||Maserati||39||Water Pump||7|
- Last Grand Prix appearance for: Bob Gerard and Les Leston.
- Career Firsts: Tony Brooks (win); Roy Salvadori (points).
- Car #20: Tony Brooks (26 laps) and Stirling Moss (64 laps). They shared the 8 points for first place
- Car #16: Maurice Trintignant (85 laps) and Peter Collins (3 laps). Trintignant received all 3 points for fourth place as it was determined that Collins did not drive a significant number of laps.
- Car #18: Stirling Moss (25 laps) and Tony Brooks (26 laps).
Championship standings after the race
- Drivers' Championship standings
|1||Juan Manuel Fangio||25|
- Note: Only the top five positions are included.
- Jenkinson, D. 1957. The 10th British Grand Prix. Motor Sport. XXXIII/8 (August 1957), p. 420-421, 424
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1957 British Grand Prix.|
1957 French Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1957 German Grand Prix
1956 British Grand Prix
|British Grand Prix||Next race:
1958 British Grand Prix
1956 Italian Grand Prix
|European Grand Prix
(Designated European Grand Prix)
1958 Belgian Grand Prix