1957 Oregon State Beavers football team
|1957 Oregon State Beavers football|
|Conference||Pacific Coast Conference|
|1957 record||8–2 (6–2 PCC)|
|Head coach||Tommy Prothro|
|Home stadium||Parker Stadium|
|1957 PCC football standings|
|Oregon State +||6||–||2||–||0||8||–||2||–||0|
|Oregon ^ +||6||–||2||–||0||7||–||4||–||0|
Rankings from AP Poll
The 1957 Oregon State Beavers football team represented Oregon State College in the 1957 NCAA college football season. The Beavers ended this season with a record of 8–2. The team captains were Ted Searle. The Beavers scored 203 points and allowed 129 points. Led by head coach Tommy Prothro, Oregon State won their second consecutive Pacific Coast Conference championship, the only time the Beavers have won consecutive conference championships. However, Oregon State became the last Pacific Coast Conference team to fall victim to the conference's no-repeat rule and was unable to represent the conference in the Rose Bowl. Rival Oregon, which had lost to the Beavers, went to the Rose Bowl instead.
|September 21||No. 19 USC||No. 13||W 20–0||36,855|
|September 28||at Kansas*||No. 9||W 34–6||28,000|
|October 5||at Northwestern*||No. 9||W 22–13||34,500|
|October 12||Idaho||No. 7||W 20–0||14,600|
|October 19||at UCLA||No. 7||L 7–26||46,120|
|October 26||at Washington||L 6–19||31,500|
|November 2||Washington State||W 39–25||20,200|
|November 9||at California||W 21–19||50,000|
|November 16||Stanford||W 24–14||20,000|
|November 23||at No. 15 Oregon||W 10–7||23,150|
|Joe Francis||Quarterback||5||51||Green Bay Packers|
- "Oregon State Historical Scores". Archived from the original on 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- "Oregon State University Official Athletic Site". Archived from the original on 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- 50 Years of College Football: A Modern History of America's Most Colorful Sport
- "Packers lose flip, take Joe Francis". Milwaukee Journal. Associated Press. January 28, 1958. p. 13, part 2.
- Lea, Bud (January 29, 1958). "Packers get Jarock, two 'tossing' QBs". Milwaukee Sentinel. p. 4, part 2.
- "NFL drafts 4 Oregonians". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). Associated Press. January 29, 1958. p. 3B.
- "1958 NFL Draft Listing - Pro-Football-Reference.com". Archived from the original on 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
|This college football season article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|