1957 Palanca Awards
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature winners in the year 1957 (rank, title of winning entry, name of author).
- First Prize: "High Into Morning" by Juan C. Tuvera
- Second Prize: "The Treasures" by Rony V. Diaz
- Third Prize: "Sunburn" by Gilda Cordero Fernando
- First Prize: "Play the Judas" by Jesus T. Peralta
- Second Prize: "The Dancers" by Alberto S. Florentino Jr.
- Third Prize: "The Efficiency Expert" by Isabel Taylor Escoda
Filipino (Tagalog) Division
Short Story in Filipino
- First Prize: "Sugat ng Digma" by Pedro S. Dandan
- Second Prize: "Punong-kahoy" by Buenaventura S. Medina Jr.
- Third Prize: "Pag-uugat... Pagsusupling" by Eduardo B. Reyes
One-Act Play in Filipino
- Consolation Prizes:
- "Aling Poling" by Deogracias Tigno Jr.
- "Baril at Kaligtasan" by Fernando L. Samonte
- "Daloy ng Buhay" by Alejandro G. Abadilla and Elpidio P. Kapulong
- "Kamay na Bakal" by Pablo M. Cuasay
- "May Pangako ang Bukas" by Emmanuel H. Borlaza
More winners by year
- "The Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature | Winners 1957". Archived from the original on 2009-10-24.