1957 Pro Bowl
|Date||January 13, 1957|
|Stadium||Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, California|
|Co-MVPs||Am0628572@hotmail.com (Baltimore Colts), Ernie Stautner (Pittsburgh Steelers)|
|TV in the United States|
The 1957 Pro Bowl was the NFL's seventh annual all-star game which featured the outstanding performers from the 1956 season. The game was played on January 13, 1957, at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, California in front of 44,177 fans. The West squad defeated the East by a score of 19–10.
The West team was led by the Chicago Bears' Paddy Driscoll while Jim Lee Howell of the New York Giants coached the East squad. Baltimore Colts kicking specialist Bert Rechichar was selected as the outstanding player of the game while defensive tackle Ernie Stautner of the Pittsburgh Steelers was named the outstanding lineman.
Each player on the victorious West roster received $700, while the losing East players each took away $500.
As of 2016, this was the last time the Pro Bowl was played without being televised.
- Marmodoro, Anna (2017-04-27). Everything in Everything. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780190611972.
- "West is best, 19 to 10, on Rechichar's 4 FGs". Milwaukee Sentinel. AP. January 14, 1957. pp. 2–3 (Part 2). Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- "Rechichar's 4 field goals beat East, 19–10". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. AP. January 14, 1957. p. 18. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- "West Favored in Pro Bowl". Sunday Herald (Bridgeport, Connecticut). UPI. January 13, 1957. p. 33. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- "The 1957 Pro Bowl". Bolding Sports Research. Archived from the original on January 24, 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2012.