1957 Stanley Cup Finals
|1957 Stanley Cup Finals|
|Location(s)||Montreal, QC (Montreal Forum) (1,2,5)
Boston, MA (Boston Garden) (3,4)
|Coaches||Montreal: Toe Blake
Boston: Milt Schmidt
|Captains||Montreal: Maurice Richard
Boston: Fernie Flaman
|Dates||April 6 to April 16, 1957|
|Series-winning goal||Dickie Moore (0:14, second)|
The 1957 Stanley Cup Finals was contested by the defending champion Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins. The Canadiens were making their seventh consecutive Final appearance, while Boston was making their first appearance since their 1953 loss to Montreal. The Canadiens would win the series 4–1, for their second straight Cup victory.
Paths to the Finals
Rocket Richard scored four times in game one, including three in the second period, to tie Ted Lindsay's record, set in 1955 for a winning Detroit team. Jacques Plante held the Bruins to just six goals in the five games, four of which were scored by Fleming Mackell.
Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens
|April 6||Montreal Canadiens||5–1||Boston Bruins||Montreal Forum|
|April 9||Montreal Canadiens||1–0||Boston Bruins||Montreal Forum|
|April 11||Boston Bruins||2–4||Montreal Canadiens||Boston Garden|
|April 14||Boston Bruins||2–0||Montreal Canadiens||Boston Garden|
|April 16||Montreal Canadiens||5–1||Boston Bruins||Montreal Forum|
|Montreal won series 4–1|
Montreal Canadiens 1957 Stanley Cup champions
Coaching and administrative staff:
- William Northey (President/Owner), Donat Raymond (Chairman/Owner)
- Ken Reardon (Vice President), Frank Selke Sr. (Manager)
- Hector Toe Blake (Coach)
- Hector Dubois (Trainer), Larry Aubut (Asst. Trainer)
- Camile DesRoches^, Frank Selke Jr.^ (Publicity Directors)
- ^- on the team picture, but missing from the Stanley Cup.
- &-8 Jack LeClair played 47 games for Montreal. His name was not included on the Cup, because LeClair was playing in the minors during the playoffs.
- - Dalton C. Colemen left the Montreal Canadiens before the start of the 1957 season.
- Podnieks, Andrew; Hockey Hall of Fame (2004). Lord Stanley's Cup. Bolton, Ont.: Fenn Pub. pp 12, 50. ISBN 978-1-55168-261-7
Stanley Cup Champions