1957 in the Philippines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
1957 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1957.
- President: Ramon Magsaysay (Nacionalista Party) (until March 17), Carlos P. Garcia (Nacionalista Party) (starting March 17)
- Vice President: Carlos P. Garcia (Nacionalista Party) (until March 18), Diosdado Macapagal (Liberal) (starting December 30)
- Chief Justice: Ricardo Paras
- Congress: 3rd (until December 10)
- March 17 – President Magsaysay dies in a plane crash; Vice-President Carlos P. Garcia assumes the presidency.
- June 20 - The Anti-Subversion Act was signed into law outlawing the Communist Party of the Philippines, its military arm commonly known as the Hukbalahap, as well as potential succeeding organizations.
- November 14 – Carlos P. Garcia elected President of the Republic of the Philippines.
- January 4 - Rafael Nantes, governor of the Province of Quezon, Philippines from 2007 to 2010. (d. 2010)
- January 20 - Jessie Dellosa, Chief of staff of the Philippine Armed Forces
- January 22 - Rene Requiestas, Filipino actor and comedian. (d. 1993)
- January 23 - Chuck Perez, Filipino actor of Action Star (Chuck Samuel Alejandro Perez) (d. October 1, 2001) (Younger Brother of Film Director and Writer Elwood Perez)
- January 30 - Paeng Nepomuceno, six-time World Bowling Champion Filipino bowler
- February 13 - Francisco Duque, present Chairman of the Philippine Civil Service Commission and former Philippine Secretary of Health
- February 14 - Rolando Navarrete, Filipino ex-boxer
- February 23 - Mel Sta. Maria, Filipino lawyer, broadcaster, professor in Ateneo Law School and dean of Far Eastern University Institute of Law since November 2013
- March 23 - Victoria Sy-Alvarado, Filipino politician.
- April 22 - Jaime Aristotle Alip, Filipino entrepreneur, politician and the Founder and Managing Director of the CARD Mutually Reinforcing Institutions
- May 6 - Benedicto Ducat, Filipino impressionist painter
- May 13 - Mar Roxas, former Senator of the Philippines
- June 21 - Luis Antonio Tagle, Roman Catholic Filipino Cardinal
- July 20 - Judith Cajes, Filipino politician
- September 7 -
- September 8 - Liza Maza, member of the Philippine House of Representatives
- September 13 - Ferdinand Marcos, Jr., Filipino politician and senator in the 16th Congress.
- September 23 - Bernardo Piñol, Jr., Filipino politician and journalist.
- December 8 - Rodolfo Luat, Filipino professional pool player
- December 26 - Rey Fortaleza, Olympic boxe
- March 17 – Ramon Magsaysay, President of the Philippines (b. 1907)
- June 14 - Maria Beatriz del Rosario Arroyo, Filipino nun and the founder of the Dominican Sisters of the Most Holy Rosary of the Philippines. (b. 1884)
- August 4 - Eugenio Pérez, Filipino politician (b. 1896)
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Philippines-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|