1958 in India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||List of years in India|
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1958 in the Republic of India.
- President of India – Rajendra Prasad
- Prime Minister of India – Jawaharlal Nehru
- Vice President of India - Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Chief Justice of India – Sudhi Ranjan Das
- 18 to 20 May – The 16th Session of Indian Labour Congress was held at New Delhi.
- 11 September – The Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 is passed by the Parliament.
- 1 October – The Standards of Weights and Measures Act took effect.
- Kunwar Digvijay Singh Babu (field hockey player) is awarded the Padma Shri.
- Milkha Singh (field athletics player) had won the gold medal
- 5 March – Nassar, actor, producer, writer, director, lyricist and singer
- 3 April – Jaya Prada, actress, politician
- 16 August – R. R. Patil, politician
- 19 September – Lucky Ali, singer, composer and actor
- 23 September – G. Srinivasan, film producer (died 2007)
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|