1958 in Taiwan
(Redirected from 1958 in the Republic of China)
|See also:||Other events of 1958
List of years in Taiwan
Events from the year 1958 in Taiwan, Republic of China. This year is numbered Minguo 47 according to the official Republic of China calendar.
- President – Chiang Kai-shek
- Vice President – Chen Cheng
- Premier – Yu Hung-Chun, Chen Cheng
- Vice Premier – Huang Shao-ku, Wang Yun-wu
- 23 August – Start of Second Taiwan Strait Crisis.
- 22 September – End of Second Taiwan Strait Crisis.
- 25 October – Mao Zedong issued a document through the Ministry of National Defense of PRC, Mao said,”There is only one China in the world and no two in China. We are consistent with this point. The Americans are compelled to create two Chinese tricks. The entire Chinese people, including you and overseas Chinese, are absolutely not allowed to realize them.”(s:中華人民共和國國防部再告台灣同胞書)
- 1 February – Lee Shu-chuan, Secretary-General of Kuomintang (2015–2016).
- 11 March – Chou Hsi-wei, Magistrate of Taipei County (2005–2010).
- 25 March – Sisy Chen, politician.
- 4 May – Sibelle Hu, former actress and singer.
- 14 May – Sarah Chen, singer.
- 20 June – Lee Wen-chung, Deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs Council
- 10 August – Wang Mei-hua, Vice Minister of Economic Affairs.
- 24 August – Liu Cheng-ying, Magistrate of Lienchiang County.
- 14 September – James C. F. Huang, Minister of Foreign Affairs (2006–2008).
- 31 October – Wellington Koo, designated Chairperson of Financial Supervisory Commission.
- 15 March – Wang Ch'ung-hui, Premier (1922).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1958 in Taiwan.|