1960 in India
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1960 in the Republic of India.(post Independence period)
- 1 May – Gujarat State and Maharashtra State are formed from the State of Bombay as laid down by the States Reorganisation Act.
- 1 May – In India, 1 May is declared as 'Maharashtra Divas', i.e., Maharashtra Day (the same day is also celebrated as 'Kaamgaar Divas', i.e., Workers Day) or 'Gujarat Diwas'.
- 1 May - Yashwantrao Chavan took oath as the 1st Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- 20 June – Maharashtra State Electricity Board formed.
- The ninth amendments of the Constitution of India
Full date unknown
- 3 January – Sandeep Marwah, stage, film and television personality.
- 25 June – Suresh Gopi, actor.
- 11 July – Kumar Gaurav, actor.
- 13 September – Karthik Muthuraman, actor.
- 30 January – J. C. Kumarappa, economist (born 1892).
- 2 February – Jagadguru Swami Sri Bharati Krishna Tirthaji Maharaja, Hindu teacher (born 1884).
- 20 April – Pannalal Ghosh, flute (bānsurī) player and composer (born 1911).
- 27 April – Rajshekhar Basu, writer, chemist and lexicographer (born 1880).