1963 in Cape Verde
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1963|
Timeline of Cabo Verdean history
- Our Lady of the Light Pro-Cathedral or Mindelo Cathedral completed
- A species of lobster known as Palinurus charlestoni, the Cape Verde spiny lobster was discovered in the waters off the Cape Verde archipelago by three French vessels that had previously fished for P. mauritanicus off Mauritania prospected the waters of the Cape Verde islands.
- July 6: A Partial lunar eclipse took place and was mainly visible, it started after sunset and finished at around 23:30
Arts and entertainment
- Daniel Damásio Ascensão Filipe's book Pátria, Lugar de Exílio published
- Gabriel Mariano's work O Rapaz doente published
- Spring/Summer: Boavista won their only colonial title for the Cape Verdean Football Championships
- August 3: Académica do Sal football club established
- May 30: Tito Paris, musician
- SARMENTO, TÂNIA; RAMOS (2012-04-24). Cabo Verde (in Portuguese). Leya. ISBN 989231851X.
- Groeneveld, Johan C., Raquel Goñi & Daniel Latrouite (2006). "Palinurus species". In Bruce F. Phillips. Lobsters: Biology, Management, Aquaculture and Fisheries. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 385–411. ISBN 978-1-4051-2657-1.
- "Lunar eclipse of July 1963". NASA. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "List of champions of Cape Verde". RSSSF. Retrieved 15 February 2017.