This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The interface of the 1964 emulator
|Developer(s)||Joel Middendorf (schibo) and Rice|
1.2 r146 / August 17, 2012
|Type||Video game console emulator|
1964 has existed since 1999. 0.9.9 was the first release with Netplay support. The oldest release still available is 0.7.0, released on Friday, November 23, 2001. Older versions of 1964 were known to run on the Windows 95, 98, and ME operating systems.
1964 is currently an N64 emulator for Windows with typical features like a dynamically recompiling CPU emulator. 1964 supports plug-ins written following Zilmar's N64 Plugin Specifications.
As of June 7, 2009, version 1.1 was released, with both the source code and binary files in a single archive.
Several contemporary console emulator developers got together and created a Google Code project with the latest source code. The accompanied video plug-in is a continuation of Rice Video, and, in addition to the current developers' progress, any fixes or enhancements made by the Mupen64Plus team (which handles a Linux port of Rice Video) are being adopted if possible.
1964 is one of the few Nintendo 64 emulators with built-in network play support. Like many emulator implementations of "NetPlay", it uses the now inactive Kaillera networking library. It supports multiple inputs, including the use of an Xbox 360 Controller.
The minimal recommended hardware specifications for the emulator are:
- CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2200 or Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 512MB of RAM
- OS: Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
Higher CPU requirements may be imposed when attempting to emulate resource intensive games such as Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark and also there are quite a lot of graphics related glitches when running on older Intel GMA GPUs in Super Mario 64.
- List of video game emulators
- Mupen64Plus, an alternative Nintendo 64 emulator
- Project64, an alternative Nintendo 64 emulator
- "Changes - emu-1964 - Open Source N64 Emulator - Google Project Hosting". google.com. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "The Emulator Zone - Nintendo 64 Emulators". emulator-zone.com. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Project summary for 1964". SourceForge.net. Archived from the original on 2 May 2008. Retrieved 2 June 2008.
- "1964 - News". 1964emu.emulation64.com. Archived from the original on 9 May 2008. Retrieved 2 June 2008.
- "1964 - Download". 1964emu.emulation64.com. Archived from the original on 9 May 2008. Retrieved 2 June 2008.
- "Download Statistics for 1964". SourceForge.net. Archived from the original on 2 June 2008.
- "emu-1964 - Open Source N64 Emulator - Google Project Hosting". google.com. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1964 (emulator).|