1965 Fresno State Bulldogs football team
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1965 Fresno State Bulldogs football|
|Conference||California Collegiate Athletic Association|
|1965 record||6–4 (1–3 CCAA)|
|Head coach||Phil Krueger (2nd season)|
|1965 California Collegiate Athletic Association football standings|
|#4 AP / #2 UPI Cal St Los Angeles $||5||–||0||–||0||9||–||1||–||0|
|#9 UPI Cal State Long Beach||4||–||1||–||0||9||–||1||–||0|
|San Diego State||3||–||2||–||0||8||–||2||–||0|
Rankings from College Division poll
The team was led by second-year head coach Phil Krueger and played home games at Ratcliffe Stadium on the campus of Fresno City College in Fresno, California. They finished the season with a record of six wins and four losses (6–4, 1–3 CCAA).
|September 25||at Colorado*||Folsom Field • Boulder, CO||L 7–10||29,000|
|October 2||Washburn*||Ratcliffe Stadium • Fresno, CA||W 54–0||9,388|
|October 9||Montana State*||Ratcliffe Stadium • Fresno, CA||W 25–14||10,862|
|October 16||at Cal Poly[note 2]||Mustang Stadium • San Luis Obispo, CA||W 23–13||7,000|
|October 23||No. 4 Cal State Los Angeles||Ratcliffe Stadium • Fresno, CA||L 12–32||13,455|
|October 30||San Diego State[note 3]||Ratcliffe Stadium • Fresno, CA (Rivalry)||L 7–26||9,009|
|November 6||at Long Beach State[note 4]||Veterans Stadium • Long Beach, CA||L 12–14||9,100|
|November 13||at Pacific (CA)*||Pacific Memorial Stadium • Stockton, CA||W 20–0||4,000|
|November 20||San Jose State[note 5]*||Ratcliffe Stadium • Fresno, CA (Rivalry)||W 24–18||7,897|
|November 27||at Hawaii*||Honolulu Stadium • Honolulu, HI (Rivalry)||W 7–3||2,356|
|*Non-conference game. #Rankings from AP Small-College Football Poll.|
Team players in the NFL
- California State University, Fresno was known as Fresno State College from 1949 to 1971.
- The official name of Cal Poly has been California Polytechnic State University since 1947. However, it is more commonly known as either Cal Poly San Luis Obispo or just Cal Poly.
- San Diego State University was known as San Diego State College from 1935 to 1971.
- California State University, Long Beach (Long Beach State) was known as California State College, Long Beach from 1964 to 1971.
- San Jose State University was known as San Jose State College from 1935 to 1971.
- "Diablos Score Early, Hang On to Spill Fresno, 17-15". The Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. October 24, 1965. p. D-6. Retrieved January 20, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Diablos Gallop by Hawaii, 37-7". The Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. November 1, 1965. p. III-10. Retrieved January 20, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- Jeff Prugh (November 14, 1965). "Diablos Too Much for 49ers, 27-21". The Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. p. D-11. Retrieved January 20, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Fresno State 2016 Media Guide" (PDF). Retrieved December 8, 2016.
- "Fresno State Yearly Results". Retrieved January 7, 2017.
- "1966 NFL Draft". Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- "Fresno St. Players/Alumni". Retrieved December 12, 2016.