1965 Tasman Series
|1965 Tasman Series|
The 1965 Tasman Series was a motor racing competition staged in New Zealand and Australia for cars complying with the Tasman Formula. The series, which began on 9 January and ended on 1 March after seven races, was the second Tasman Series. It was won by Jim Clark, driving Lotus 32B Coventry Climax.
The series was contested over seven races.
|Round||Race name ||Circuit ||Date ||Winning driver ||Winning car ||Winning team ||Report|
|1||New Zealand Grand Prix||Pukekohe||9 January||Graham Hill||Repco Brabham BT11A Coventry Climax ||Scuderia Veloce||Report|
|2||Levin International||Levin||16 January||Jim Clark||Lotus 32B Coventry Climax||Team Lotus||Report|
|3||Lady Wigram Trophy||Wigram||23 January||Jim Clark||Lotus 32B Coventry Climax||Team Lotus||Report|
|4||Teretonga International||Teretonga||30 January||Jim Clark||Lotus 32B Coventry Climax||Team Lotus||Report|
|Australia||5||Warwick Farm 100||Warwick Farm||14 February||Jim Clark||Lotus 32B Coventry Climax||Team Lotus||Report|
|6||Sandown International Cup ||Sandown||21 February||Jack Brabham||Repco Brabham BT11A Coventry Climax ||Ecurie Vitesse||Report|
|7||Australian Grand Prix||Longford||1 March||Bruce McLaren||Cooper T79 Coventry Climax||Bruce McLaren Motor Racing Ltd ||Report|
Points were awarded for the first six positions at each race as shown in the following table.
Each driver could retain points from the New Zealand Grand Prix, the two best performances in the other three New Zealand races, and from all Australian races.
Race positions for which points were earned but not retained are shown on the table below within brackets.
References and notes
- The 1965 Series, www.sergent.com.au Retrieved on 12 February 2015
- Tasman Series 1965, www.sergent.com.au Retrieved on 12 February 2015
- Tasman Cup 1965, www.oldracingcars.com Retrieved on 12 February 2015
- Race result pages linked from Tasman Cup 1965, www.oldracingcars.com Retrieved on 12 February 2015
- Listed in the Official Programme for the Sandown round as a Repco Brabham
- Official Programme, Sandown International Cup Meeting, Sunday 21st February, entry list
- Programme, Longford, 30th Australian Grand Prix Meeting 1965
- Only the fourteen drivers who actually scored points are shown on the table published at www.sergent.com.au
- Bill Tuckey, Seven days in summer, Australian Motor Racing Annual Number Two, pages 10 to 17
- Listed in Bill Tuckey’s Australian Motor Racing Annual article as a Repco Brabham