1967 Baltimore Orioles season
|1967 Baltimore Orioles|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Harry Dalton|
|Local radio||WBAL (AM)|
(Chuck Thompson, Frank Messer, Bill O'Donnell)
|< Previous season Next season >|
After winning the World Series the previous year, the 1967 Baltimore Orioles plummeted to a sixth-place finish in the American League with a record of 76 wins and 85 losses, 15½ games behind the AL champion Boston Red Sox. The team was managed by Hank Bauer, and played their home games at Memorial Stadium.
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 Farm system
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- November 28, 1966: Frank Tepedino was drafted from the Orioles by the New York Yankees in the 1966 first-year draft.
- January 28, 1967: 1967 Major League Baseball draft
- May 14, 1967: In a game against the Orioles at Yankee Stadium, future Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle of the New York Yankees hit his 500th home run in the bottom of the seventh inning in a 6–5 Yankee win.
|Boston Red Sox||92||70||0.568||—||49–32||43–38|
|Chicago White Sox||89||73||0.549||3||49–33||40–40|
|New York Yankees||72||90||0.444||20||43–38||29–52|
|Kansas City Athletics||62||99||0.385||29½||37–44||25–55|
Record vs. opponents
1967 American League Records
Sources:          
Opening Day lineup
- May 10, 1967: Bob Johnson was purchased from the Orioles by the New York Mets.
- May 29, 1967: Mike Epstein and Frank Bertaina were traded by the Orioles to the Washington Senators for Pete Richert.
- May 31, 1967: Charley Lau was purchased from the Orioles by the Atlanta Braves.
- June 6, 1967: 1967 Major League Baseball draft
- June 15, 1967: Woodie Held was traded by the Orioles to the California Angels for Marcelino López and Tom Arruda (minors).
- July 4, 1967: Steve Barber was traded by the Orioles to the New York Yankees for Ray Barker, players to be named later, and cash. The Yankees completed the deal by sending Chet Trail (minors) and Joe Brady (minors) to the Orioles on December 15.
- August 21, 1967: John Buzhardt was purchased by the Orioles from the Chicago White Sox.
|1967 Baltimore Orioles|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
Note: G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
Note: G = Games pitched; IP = Innings pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
Note: G = Games pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; SV = Saves; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: Bluefield
- Frank Tepedino at Baseball Reference
- Lew Beasley at Baseball Reference
- Johnny Oates at Baseball Reference
- Baseball Almanac – Box Score of 500th Home Run by Mickey Mantle
- Bob Johnson transactions at Baseball Reference
- Mike Epstein at Baseball Reference
- Charley Lau at Baseball Reference
- Don Baylor at Baseball-Reference
- Dave Johnson at Baseball-Reference
- Woodie Held at Baseball Reference
- Steve Barber at Baseball Reference
- John Buzhardt at Baseball Reference