1967 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1967 in the Republic of India.
- President of India – Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan until 13 May, Zakir Hussain
- Prime Minister of India – Indira Gandhi
- 6 May - Zakir Hussain is the first Muslim to become president of India.
- 27 May - Naxalite Guerrilla War: Beginning with a peasant uprising in the town of Naxalbari, this Marxist/Maoist rebellion sputters on in the Indian countryside. The guerrillas operate among the impoverished peasants, fighting both the government security forces and private paramilitary groups funded by wealthy landowners. Most fighting takes place in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh.
January to June
- 15 January - Bhanupriya, actress.
- 12 February - N. Ravikiran, composer of Carnatic music.
- 22 February - Prashant Kausadikar, an economist
- 24 March - Prithvi, actor.
- 2 April - Ajay Devgan, actor.
- 15 May - Madhuri Dixit, actress.
- 1 June - Anil Bhardwaj, scientist.
July to December
- 14 July - Prakash Kona, novelist, essayist and poet.
- 27 July - Rahul Bose, actor, screenwriter, film director and social activist.
- 4 August - Arbaaz Khan, actor.
- 9 September - Akshay Kumar, actor.
- 30 September - Deepti Bhatnagar, actress and television presenter.
- 13 November - Juhi Chawla, actress, film producer and television presenter.
Full date unknown
- Sanjana Kapoor, actress and theatre director.
- 22 January - Pandurang Sadashiv Khankhoje, revolutionary, scholar, agricultural scientist and historian (b. 1884).
- Krishna Hutheesing, political activist and writer (b. 1907).