1969 European Cup Final
The match programme cover
|Event||1968–69 European Cup|
|Date||28 May 1969|
|Venue||Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid|
|Referee||José María Ortiz de Mendíbil (Spain)|
The 1969 European Cup Final was a football match held at the Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid, on 28 May 1969, that saw Milan of Italy play against Ajax of the Netherlands to determine who would be the champions of Europe that season. Ajax made history by becoming the first Dutch side to reach the final, but they were beaten by their Italian opponents 4-1.
Route to the final
|Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg||Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg||Play-off|
|Malmö||5–3||1–2 (A)||4–1 (H)||First round||Nürnberg||5–1||1–1 (A)||4–0 (H)|
|Bye||Second round||Fenerbahçe||4–0||2–0 (H)||2–0 (A)|
|Celtic||1–0||0–0 (H)||1–0 (A)||Quarter-finals||Benfica||4–4 (r)||3–1 (A)||1–3 (a.e.t.) (H)||3–0 (a.e.t.)|
|Manchester United||2–1||2–0 (H)||0–1 (A)||Semi-finals||Spartak Trnava||3–2||3–0 (H)||0–2 (A)|
|Prati 7', 40', 75'
|Report||Vasović 60' (pen.)|
- 1968–69 European Cup
- 1995 UEFA Champions League Final – contested by the same teams
- A.C. Milan in European football
- AFC Ajax in international football competitions
- "2011/12 UEFA Champions League statistics handbook: History (European Champion Clubs' Cup/UEFA Champions League, 1955–2011)" (PDF). UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 28 May 2011. p. 7. Archived (PDF) from the original on 24 May 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- 1968–69 season at UEFA.com
- European Cups Archive at the Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation
- 1968–69 season at European Cup History
- "European Champion Clubs' Cup – History" (PDF). UEFA. p. 164. Retrieved 25 May 2011.