1970 Queen's Club Championships
|1970 Queen's Club Championships|
|Surface||Grass / Outdoor|
|Rod Laver |
|Tom Okker / Marty Riessen |
|Rosie Casals / Billie-Jean King|
|Winnie Shaw / Owen Davidson|
The 1970 Queen's Club Championships, also known by its sponsored name Rothmans Open London Grass Court Championships, was a combined men's and women's tennis tournament played on grass courts at the Queen's Club in London in the United Kingdom. It was a non-tour event, i.e. not part of the 1970 Pepsi-Cola Grand Prix or 1970 World Championship Tennis circuit . It was the 71st edition of the tournament and was held from 15 June through 20 June 1970. First-seeded Rod Laver and Margaret Court won the singles titles. In the final Court was 2–6, 0–5 and 0–15 down against Winnie Shaw but recovered by winning 14 of the last 17 games.
- It was Laver's 3rd title of the year and the 15th of his professional career.
- It was Okker's 1st title of the year and the 10th of his career. It was Riessen's 2nd title of the year and the 7th of his career.
- "London / Queen's Club Men's Singles draw". www.atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "London / Queen's Club Men's Doubles draw". www.atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- John Barrett, ed. (1971). World of Tennis '71 : a BP yearbook. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 266. ISBN 978-0-362-00091-7.
- John Dolan (2011). Women's Tennis 1968–84: the Ultimate Guide. Remous. pp. 54,60.
- "Mrs Court in brilliant recovery". The Canberra Times. 44, (12,654). Australian Capital Territory, Australia. 22 June 1970. p. 16 – via National Library of Australia.