1971 Tasman Series
|1971 Tasman Series|
The 1971 Tasman Series was a motor racing competition staged in New Zealand and Australia  for cars complying with the Tasman Formula. The series, which began on 2 January and ended on 28 February after seven races, was the eighth annual Tasman Series. It was won by Graham McRae of New Zealand, driving a McLaren M10B Chevrolet.
The series was contested over seven races.
|||Name ||Circuit ||Date ||Winning driver ||Winning car||Winning entrant||Report|
|1||Levin International||Levin||2 January||Graham McRae||McLaren M10B Chevrolet||Crown Lynn||Report|
|2||New Zealand Grand Prix||Pukekohe||9 January||Neil Allen||McLaren M10B Chevrolet||N.E. Allen Auto Indust. (Pty) Ltd||Report|
|3||Lady Wigram Trophy||Wigram||16 January||Graham McRae||McLaren M10B Chevrolet||Crown Lynn||Report|
|4||Teretonga International||Teretonga||23 January||Neil Allen||McLaren M10B Chevrolet||N.E. Allen Auto Indust. (Pty) Ltd||Report|
|Australia||5||Rothmans 100 ||Warwick Farm||14 February||Frank Gardner||Lola T192 Chevrolet||Lola Cars Ltd||Report|
|6||Rothmans Golden 100 ||Sandown||21 February||Graham McRae||McLaren M10B Chevrolet||Crown Lynn||Report|
|7||Rothmans 100||Surfers Paradise||28 February||Frank Matich||McLaren M10B Repco Holden||Rothmans Team Matich||Report|
Series points were awarded at each race on the following basis:
All points scored by each driver were retained to determine final series placings.
- And the V8s roared, Australian Motor Racing Annual, 1971, pages 29 to 41
- Tasman Series, www.nzfmr.co.nz Retrieved on 3 March 2015
- "sergent.com.au - Contains Tasman Series information". Archived from the original on 4 September 2009. Retrieved 26 August 2009.
- Allen Brown. "Tasman Cup (F5000) races « Formula 5000 « OldRacingCars.com". Archived from the original on 4 September 2009. Retrieved 27 August 2009.
- Official Programme, Warwick Farm, 14 Feb 1971
- Official Programme, Sandown, 21 Feb 1971