1972 Tasman Series
|1972 Tasman Series|
The 1972 Tasman Series was a motor racing competition staged in New Zealand and Australia for racing cars complying with the Tasman Formula. The series, which began on 8 January and ended on 27 February after eight races, was the ninth annual Tasman Series. It was won by Graham McRae of New Zealand, driving a Leda GM1 Chevrolet.
Additional information sourced from:
|Round||Name||Circuit||Date||Winning driver||Winning car||Winning team||Report|
|1||New Zealand Grand Prix||Pukekohe||8 January||Frank Gardner||Lola T300 Chevrolet||Lola Cars Limited||Report|
|2||Levin International||Levin||15 January||Graham McRae||Leda GM1 Chevrolet||Crown Lynn||Report|
|3||Lady Wigram Trophy||Wigram||22 January||Graham McRae||Leda GM1 Chevrolet||Grid International (NZ) Ltd ||Report|
|4||Winfield Teretonga International ||Teretonga||30 January||Kevin Bartlett||McLaren M10B Chevrolet||Kevin Bartlett Shell Racing||Report|
|Australia||5||Rothmans 100 ||Surfers Paradise||6 February||Graham McRae||Leda GM1 Chevrolet||Grid International (NZ) Ltd||Report|
|6||Rothmans 100 ||Warwick Farm||13 February||Frank Matich||Matich A50 Repco Holden||Frank Matich Racing Pty Ltd||Report|
|7||Australian Grand Prix||Sandown||20 February||Graham McRae||Leda GM1 Chevrolet||Grid International (NZ) Ltd||Report|
|8||Rothmans 100 ||Adelaide||27 February||David Hobbs||McLaren M22 Chevrolet||Hobbs Racing London||Report|
Series points were awarded at each round on the following basis.
All scores from all rounds were counted.
- Programme of Events and Awards, Official Programme, Adelaide International Raceway, Sunday 27 February 1972, page 5
- Racing Car News Championship Yearbook No 1, pages 1 to 35
- Tasman Series, www.sergent.com.au Retrieved on 11 March 2015
- "sergent.com.au - Contains Tasman Series information". Archived from the original on 21 January 2010. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- Allen Brown. "Tasman Cup (F5000) races « Formula 5000 « OldRacingCars.com". Archived from the original on 4 September 2009. Retrieved 27 August 2009.
- Winfield Teretonga International program, 1972, page 23
- The Tasman International Championship, Official Programme, Adelaide International Raceway, Sunday 27 February, 21972, page 5
- Adelaide International, 27 Feb 1972, www.oldracingcars.com Retrieved on 11 March 2015