1973 Australian Indoor Championships
|1973 Australian Indoor Championships|
|Category||Grand Prix (Group B)|
|Draw||32S / 16D|
|Rod Laver |
|Rod Laver / John Newcombe |
The 1973 Australian Indoor Championships was a men's tennis tournament played on indoor hard courts at the Hordern Pavilion in Sydney, Australia. It was part of the 1973 Commercial Union Assurance Grand Prix as a Group B category tournament. The tournament was held from 4 November through 11 November 1973. Rod Laver won the singles title and the accompanying $10,000 first-prize money.
- It was Laver's 14th title of the year and the 50th of his career.
- It was Laver's 13th title of the year and the 49th of his career. It was Newcombe's 10th title of the year and the 48th of his career.
- "1973 Sydney Indoor Men's Singles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "1973 Sydney Indoor Men's Doubles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- John Barrett, ed. (1974). World of Tennis '74. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 121. ISBN 9780362001686.
- "Layer outlasts Newcombe in 3-hour battle". The Canberra Times. 48, (13,590). 12 November 1973. p. 12 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Indoor tennis begins". The Canberra Times. 48, (13,584). 6 November 1973. p. 18 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Laver takes net thriller". News-Herald. UPI. 12 November 1973. p. 12 – via Newspapers.com. (Subscription required (. ))
|This tennis competitions on the ATP Tour article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|