1973 in India
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1973 in the Republic of India.
- President of India – V. V. Giri
- Prime Minister of India – Indira Gandhi
- Chief Justice of India – Sarv Mittra Sikri (until 26 April), Ajit Nath Ray (starting 26 April)
- 1 April – Government campaign to save the tiger from extinction.
- 1 November – [State of Mysore] is renamed Karnataka State.
January to June
- 5 January – Uday Chopra, actor.
- 11 January – Rahul Dravid, cricketer.
- 12 January – Saakshi Tanwar, actress.
- 6 April – Prashanth Thyagarajan, actor.
- 24 April – Sachin Tendulkar, cricketer.
- 17 June – Leander Paes, tennis player.
- 18 June – Baljit Singh Dhillon, field hockey player.
- 22 June – Devayani, actress.
July to December
- 1 September – Ram Kapoor, actor.
- 1 November – Aishwarya Rai, actress.
- 19 November – Shakeela, actress.
- 17 December – John Abraham, actor.
Full date unknown
- Arunabha Sengupta, novelist.
- 20 November - Prabodhankar Thackeray, Politician, Social Activist in the Samyukta Maharashtra Movement, Author (b. 1885)
- 30 December – Chittor V. Nagaiah, actor, composer, director, producer, writer and playback singer (b. 1904).