1974 British Grand Prix
|1974 British Grand Prix|
|Date||20 July 1974|
|Official name||XXVII John Player British Grand Prix|
|Location||Brands Hatch, Kent, England|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||4.206 km (2.613 mi)|
|Distance||75 laps, 315.45 km (195.975 mi)|
|Time||1:21.1 on lap 25|
The 1974 British Grand Prix (formally the XXVII John Player British Grand Prix) was a Formula One motor race held at Brands Hatch on 20 July 1974. It was race 10 of 15 in both the 1974 World Championship of Drivers and the 1974 International Cup for Formula One Manufacturers. The 75-lap race was won by Jody Scheckter, driving a Tyrrell-Ford, with Emerson Fittipaldi second in a McLaren-Ford and Jacky Ickx third in a Lotus-Ford.
- Lauda completed just 73 laps but was allowed an extra lap after the team protested his exit from the pit lane was blocked after a late wheel change. He initially classified ninth, but was awarded fifth place after appeal.
- Lombardi used number 208 because her car was sponsored by Radio Luxembourg, who wavelength was 208 metres (equivalent to a frequency of 1439 kHz).
Championship standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings. Only the best 7 results from the first 8 races and the best 6 results from the last 7 races counted towards the Championship. Numbers without parentheses are Championship points; numbers in parentheses are total points scored.
- Lang, Mike (1983). Grand Prix! Vol 3. Haynes Publishing Group. p. 42. ISBN 0-85429-380-9.
- Lang, Mike (1983). Grand Prix! Vol 3. Haynes Publishing Group. p. 44. ISBN 0-85429-380-9.
- "1974 British Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 18 Jan 2015. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "I remember Damon Hill once running in a car bearing the number 0. Is there any number that has never been used in a grand prix?". Ask Steven – ESPNF1.com. Retrieved 23 June 2012.
1974 French Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1974 German Grand Prix
1973 British Grand Prix
|British Grand Prix||Next race:|
1975 British Grand Prix