1974 British Grand Prix
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Race 10 of 15 in the 1974 Formula One season|
|Date||20 July 1974|
|Official name||XXVII John Player British Grand Prix|
|Location||Brands Hatch, Kent, England|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||4.206 km (2.613 mi)|
|Distance||75 laps, 315.45 km (195.975 mi)|
|Time||1:21.1 on lap 25|
The 1974 British Grand Prix (formally the XXVII John Player British Grand Prix) was a Formula One motor race held at Brands Hatch on 20 July 1974. It was the tenth race of the 1974 Formula One season.
- Lauda completed just 73 laps but was allowed an extra lap after the team protested his exit from the pit lane was blocked after a late wheel change. He initially classified ninth, but was awarded fifth place after appeal
- Lombardi used number 208 because her car was sponsored by Radio Luxembourg, who wavelength was 208 metres (equivalent to a frequency of 1439 kHz).
Championship standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings. Only the best 7 results from the first 8 races and the best 6 results from the last 7 races counted towards the Championship. Numbers without parentheses are Championship points; numbers in parentheses are total points scored.
- Lang, Mike (1983). Grand Prix! Vol 3. Haynes Publishing Group. p. 42. ISBN 0-85429-380-9.
- Lang, Mike (1983). Grand Prix! Vol 3. Haynes Publishing Group. p. 44. ISBN 0-85429-380-9.
- "1974 British Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 18 Jan 2015. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "I remember Damon Hill once running in a car bearing the number 0. Is there any number that has never been used in a grand prix?". Ask Steven – ESPNF1.com. Retrieved 23 June 2012.
1974 French Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1974 German Grand Prix
1973 British Grand Prix
|British Grand Prix||Next race:
1975 British Grand Prix