1974 Japan Open Tennis Championships
|1974 Japan Open Tennis Championships|
|Category||Grand Prix (A)|
|Draw||64S / 32D|
|John Newcombe |
|final not played |
|Ann Kiyomura / Kazuko Sawamatsu|
The 1974 Japan Open Tennis Championships was a combined men's and women's tennis tournament played on hard courts and took place in Tokyo, Japan. The men's events were part of the 1974 Commercial Union Assurance Grand Prix while the women's tournament was a non-tour event. The tournament was held from 7 October through 13 October 1974. First-seeded John Newcombe won the men's singles title and the accompanying $15,000 first prize money and Maria Bueno won the women's singles event.
Not completed due to rain.
- "1974 Tokyo Men's Singles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "1974 Tokyo Men's Doubles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- John Barrett, ed. (1975). World of Tennis '75: a BP and Commercial Union yearbook. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 120. ISBN 9780362002171.
- "Tennis Crown To Newcombe". The Victoria Advocate. 15 October 1974. p. 2B – via Google News Archive.
- "Newcombe downs Rosewall for title". The Canberra Times. 49, (13,886). Australian Capital Territory, Australia. 15 October 1974. p. 16 – via National Library of Australia.