1974 Odisha Legislative Assembly election
All 147 seats in the Odisha Legislative Assembly
The elections were held for 147 seats. A total of 722 candidates contested for these 147 seats.
Three national parties, Communist Party of India, Indian National Congress and Swatantra Party along with the state party Utkal Congress took part in the assembly election. Congress party emerged again as the winner by winning 50% of the seats with a vote share of 37.44%. Nandini Satpathy again become the Chief Minister of the state.
|Party||No. of candidates||No. of elected||No. of votes||%|
|Indian National Congress (Indira)||135||69||2152818||37.44%|
|Communist Party of India||14||7||279738||4.87%|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||8||3||67600||1.18%|
|Orissa Jana Congress||42||1||67169||1.17%|
|Indian National Congress (Organization)||17||0||29103||0.51%|
|Bharatiya Jana Sangh||12||0||23335||0.41%|
|All India Jharkhand Party||8||0||15360||0.27%|
|Socialist Unity Centre of India||4||0||10214||0,18%|
|All India Forward Bloc||2||0||1080||0.02%|
|Revolutionary Communist Party of India||1||0||478||0.01%|
- 1974 elections in India
- 1971 Odisha Legislative Assembly election
- 1977 Odisha Legislative Assembly election
- 1974 Odisha Legislative Assembly election
- "Brief History of Odisha Legislative Assembly Since 1937". Archived from the original on 2007-01-09. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- Story of Orissa CM Binayak Acharya: A political rags-to-riches tale
- "The 'Iron lady' of Odisha politics". Archived from the original on 2014-02-22. Retrieved 2019-06-28.