1974 Pro Bowl
|Date||January 20, 1974|
|Stadium||Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri|
|MVP||Garo Yepremian (Miami Dolphins)|
|Announcers||Curt Gowdy, Al DeRogatis|
The 1974 Pro Bowl was the NFL's 24th annual all-star game which featured the outstanding performers from the 1973 season. The game was played on Sunday, January 20, 1974, at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. The final score was AFC 15, NFC 13. The attendance for the game was 51,484 though nearly 70,000 tickets were sold.
Kicker Garo Yepremian of the Miami Dolphins was the game's MVP. Yepremian set a Pro Bowl record which still stands as of 2012 in kicking five field goals in the game. The referee for the game was Jack Reader, who retired from on-field work after the Pro Bowl to accept a position as the NFL's Assistant Supervisor of Officials.
Players on the winning AFC team each received $2,000 while the NFC participants took home $1,500.
- "Football exits with a dud". The Beaver County Times. UPI. January 21, 1974. p. B-1. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "The 1974 Pro Bowl". Bolding Sports Research. Archived from the original on January 30, 2012. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "1974 Pro Bowl game book" (PDF). NFL Game Statistics & Information. National Football League. Archived from the original on January 30, 2012. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "NFL Pro Bowl history". CBSSports.com. Archived from the original on January 16, 2012. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "1974 Pro Bowl players". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Archived from the original on January 30, 2012. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
|This American football–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|