1974 Wimbledon Championships
|1974 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date:||24 June – 6 July|
|Category:||Grand Slam (ITF)|
London, United Kingdom
|Jimmy Connors |
|Chris Evert |
|John Newcombe / Tony Roche|
|Evonne Goolagong Cawley / Peggy Michel|
|Billie Jean King / Owen Davidson|
The 1974 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 24 June until 6 July. It was the 88th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the second Grand Slam tennis event of 1974.
The total prize money for 1974 championships was £97,100. The winner of the men's title earned £10,000 while the women's singles champion earned £7,000.
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64||Round of 128|
|Men's Doubles *||£2,000||£1,200||£800||£400||£0||£0||£0||N/A|
|Women's Doubles *||£1,200||£700||£350||£200||£0||£0||£0||N/A|
|Mixed Doubles *||£1,000||£500||£300||£150||£0||£0||£0||£0|
* per team
- It was Connors's 2nd career Grand Slam title, and his 1st Wimbledon title.
- It was Evert's 2nd career Grand Slam title, and her 1st Wimbledon title.
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed. ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 422, 432. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- "Results Archive – 1974 Wimbledon Men's Singles". ATP. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Barrett, John (2001). Wimbledon : The Official History of the Championships. London: CollinsWillow. pp. 380, 381. ISBN 0007117078.
- Little, Alan (2013). Wimbledon Compendium 2013 (23 ed.). London: All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club. p. 327–334. ISBN 978-1899039401.
1974 French Open
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1974 U.S. Open