1975 Pan American Games
|Host city||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Events||190 in 19 sports|
The 7th Pan American Games were held in Mexico City, Mexico, from October 12 to October 26, 1975, exactly twenty years after the 2nd Pan American Games were held there. It was the third major sporting event held in the Mexican capital in seven years, after the 1968 Summer Olympics and the 1970 FIFA World Cup.
Host city election
Two cities submitted bids to host the 1975 Pan American Games that were recognized by the Pan American Sports Organization. On August 29, 1969, Santiago was selected unanimously over San Juan to host the VII Pan American Games by PASO at its 10th general assembly, held in Cali, Colombia.
To sort this table by nation, total medal count, or any other column, click on the icon next to the column title.
|1||United States (USA) a||117||82||48/ 47||247/ 246|
|2||Cuba (CUB) a||56/ 57||45||33/ 32||134|
|3||Canada (CAN) a||19/ 18||35||40/ 38||94/ 91|
|4||Mexico (MEX) 1||9||13||38||60|
- Athletics ( )
- Baseball ( )
- Basketball ( )
- Boxing ( )
- Cycling ( )
- Diving ( )
- Football ( )
- Gymnastics ( )
- Judo ( )
- Rowing ( )
- Swimming ( )
- Synchronized swimming ( )
- Volleyball ( )
- Weightlifting ( )
- Wrestling ( )
- "Tenis: Pediran su Inclusion en los Juegos Panamericanos" [Tennis: They will request their inclusion in the Pan-American Games]. ABC (in Spanish). Mexico. 27 August 1969. p. 53. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "Chile Chosen Cali". Lethbridge Herald. Colombia. Reuters. 30 August 1969. p. 11. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- Corrales, Florentino (30 August 1969). "Chile Hará los VII Panamericanos" [Chile will make the 7th Pan American Games]. El Tiempo (in Spanish). Cali, Colombia. p. 18. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- Muñoz Machín, Jesús (14 July 2015). "VII Juegos Panamericanos (México, 1975): Cuba se ratifica en el segundo lugar" [VII Pan-American Games (Mexico, 1975): Cuba is ratified in second place]. RadioCOCO (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- Drumond, Mauricio; Andrade de Melo, Victor (2016). Brazilian Sports History. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-138-67220-8.
- "Seventh Pan American Games -- 1975". USA Basketball. 10 June 2010. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "Regresaron a México los Juegos Panamericanos en 1975" [The Pan American Games returned to Mexico in 1975]. Mexican Olympic Committee (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 23 March 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2019.