1975 Virginia Slims Championships
|1975 Virginia Slims Championships|
|Date||March 31 - April 5|
|Category||Virginia Slims Championships|
|Surface||Carpet / indoor|
|Location||Los Angeles, United States|
|Venue||Los Angeles Sports Arena|
|Margaret Court / Virginia Wade|
The 1975 Virginia Slims Championships were the fourth season-ending Tour Championships, the annual tennis tournament for the best female tennis players in singles on the Virginia Slims Circuit. The 16 best players, based on points average, qualified for the tournament provided they had played at least six tournaments. The singles event consisted of an elimination round and the eight winners were subsequently divided over two round robin groups (Gold and Green). The winners of each group played each other in the final and additionally there were play-off matches for third, fifth and seventh place. The tournament was played on synthetic carpet (Sporteze) and was held in the week of March 31 to April 5, 1975, at the Los Angeles Sports Arena in Los Angeles, California. This was the first year the tournament switched from October to April.
- It was Evert's 4th singles title of the year and the 43rd of her career.
- "1975 Tournament Archive" (PDF). WTATour.com. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- "$150,000 Virginia Slims Championships" (PDF). WTATour.com. Retrieved 2011-01-26.[permanent dead link]
- "Chris Evert Captures Women's Tennis Tourney". Los Angeles, United States: TimesDaily. 1975-05-06. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- John Barrett, ed. (1976). World of Tennis '76. London: Queen Anne Press. pp. 157–159, 162. ISBN 9780362002768. OCLC 650229036.
- "Tournament History". WTAChampionships.com. Retrieved 2011-01-26.