1975 in India
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1975 in the Republic of India.
- President of India – Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
- Prime Minister of India – Indira Gandhi
- Chief Justice of India – Ajit Nath Ray
- 19 January – The 6.8 Ms Kinnaur earthquake shook northern India with a maximum Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent). Forty-seven people were killed.
- 19 April – The first Indian satellite, Aryabhata, goes into Earth's orbit.
- 16 May – Sikkim annexed to India after a deposing the monarchy.
- 25 June – A state of emergency is declared by Prime Minister Indira Gandhi during which the press is censored and 100,000 are jailed.
- Chasnala mining disaster
January to June
- 31 January – Preity Zinta, actress.
- 28 March – Akshaye Khanna, actor and son of Vinod Khanna.
- 17 May – Dinesh Nayak, field hockey player.
- 26 May – Abbas, actor.
- 4 June – Bhuvaneshwari, actress.
July to December
- 6 July – Jeevan (Tamil actor)
- 28 August – Eijaz Khan, actor.
- 16 October – Rajeev Khandelwal, actor.
- 18 October – Kunal Kapoor, actor.
- 11 November – Diwakar Pundir, actor.
- 19 November – Sushmita Sen, Miss Universe 1994, actress.
- 9 December – Priya Gill, actress.
- 14 December – Sukhbir Singh Gill, field hockey player.
- 17 April – Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, philosopher and statesman, first Vice President of India and second President of India (b. 1888).