This article needs additional citations for verification
. (June 2012)
Events from the year 1977 in Pakistan.
- 10 January – Nine opposition parties form joint election forum, Pakistan National Alliance (PNA).
- 7 March – Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's political party Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) wins elections. PPP wins 155, PNA 35 seats out of 200. Soon afterwards riots erupt over allegations of vote-rigging by the PPP.
- 1 July – Friday is announced weekly holiday, replacing Sunday.
- 5 July – Pakistan's army led by General Zia ul-Haq stages a military coup and seizes power. Martial law is enforced and the Constitution suspended.
- 14 August – Pakistan celebrates 30 years of independence.
- 17 September – Zulfikar Ali Bhutto is arrested under martial law orders.
- 2 October – General Muhammad Zia ul-Haq bans all opposition; political activities are banned.
- 5 June – Sayyed Aamir Ali, educationist, writer and columnist
- 4 December – Shahid Nazir, cricketer