1978 Rothmans Canadian Open
|1978 Rothmans Canadian Open|
|Date||August 14 – August 20|
|Surface||Clay / Outdoor|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Venue||National Tennis Centre|
|Wojciech Fibak / Tom Okker|
|Regina Maršíková / Pam Teeguarden|
The 1978 Rothmans Canadian Open was a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts at the National Tennis Centre in Toronto in Canada that was part of the 1978 Colgate-Palmolive Grand Prix and of the 1978 WTA Tour. The tournament was held from August 14 through August 20, 1978.
- It was Dibbs' 4th title of the year and the 18th of his career.
- It was Maršíková's 2nd title of the year and the 3rd of her career.
- It was Fibak's 6th title of the year and the 33rd of his career. It was Okker's 6th title of the year and the 77th of his career.
- It was Maršíková's 3rd title of the year and the 4th of her career. It was Teeguarden's only title of the year and the 2nd of her career.
- John Dolan (2011). Women's Tennis 1968–84: the Ultimate Guide. Remous. pp. 292, 303–304.