1979 Pulitzer Prize
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are the Pulitzer Prizes for 1979.
- Public Service:
- Local General or Spot News Reporting:
- Local Investigative Specialized Reporting:
- National Reporting:
- James Risser of the Des Moines Register, for a series on farming damage to the environment.
- International Reporting:
- Feature Writing:
- Editorial Writing:
- Editorial Cartooning:
- Spot News Photography:
- Feature Photography:
- Staff Photographers of the Boston Herald American, for photographic coverage of the blizzard of 1978.
Letters, Drama and Music Awards
- Pulitzer Prize for Biography or Autobiography:
- General Non-Fiction:
- John J. O'Connor. "CBS's Attack on Fear", The New York Times, October 10, 1984.
T. S. Cook's script is based on the book The Light in Synanon, in which Dave Mitchell, Cathy Mitchell and Dr. Richard Ofshe recount the details of covering a story that won them a 1979 Pulitzer Prize for public- service reporting.