1979 in China
(Redirected from 1979 in the People's Republic of China)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1979|
History of China • Timeline • Years
Events in the year 1979 in the People's Republic of China.
- Chairman of the Communist Party of China – Hua Guofeng
- Premier of the People's Republic of China – Hua Guofeng
- Chairman of the National People's Congress – Ye Jianying
- Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference – Deng Xiaoping
- Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China – Deng Xiaoping
- January 1 – The United States and the People's Republic of China establish full diplomatic relations.
- January - The One Child Policy is announced and implemented (est.)
- February 17 – The People's Republic of China invades northern Vietnam, launching the Sino-Vietnamese War.
- March 14 – In China, a Hawker Siddeley Trident crashes into a factory near Beijing, killing at least 260.
- February 9 – Zhang Ziyi, Chinese film actress
- March 5 – Tang Gonghong, Female Chinese weightlifter
- March 12 – Liu Xuan, Chinese Gymnast
- August 27 – Tian Liang, Chinese diver
- Rocha da Silva, Pascal (2006). "La politique de l'enfant unique en République populaire de Chine Archived 2007-11-28 at the Wayback Machine" ("The politics of one child in the People's Republic of China"). Université de Genève (University of Geneva). p. 22-8. ‹See Tfd›(in French)