1979 in China
(Redirected from 1979 in the People's Republic of China)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1979|
History of China • Timeline • Years
Events in the year 1979 in the People's Republic of China.
- Chairman of the Communist Party of China – Hua Guofeng
- Premier of the People's Republic of China – Hua Guofeng
- Chairman of the National People's Congress – Ye Jianying
- Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference – Deng Xiaoping
- Vice Premier of the People's Republic of China – Deng Xiaoping
- January 1 — The United States broke diplomatic relations with Republic of China, and established diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China.
- January - The One Child Policy is announced and implemented (est.)
- February 17 – The People's Republic of China invades northern Vietnam, launching the Sino-Vietnamese War.
- February 26 – The Chiang Kai-shek International Airport was officially openers
- March 5 – Zhuhai County was upgraded to Zhuhai City.
- March 14 – In China, a Hawker Siddeley Trident crashes into a factory near Beijing, killing at least 260.
- April 2 – Guangming Electronics Work Factory, as predecessor of Konka Group was founded in Shenzhen.
- February 9 – Zhang Ziyi, film actress
- March 5 – Tang Gonghong, Chinese weightlifter
- March 12 – Liu Xuan, Gymnast
- August 27 – Tian Liang, diver
- December 10 – Yang Jianping, archer
- May 27 – Yao Zhe, People's Liberation Army lieutenant general (b. 1906)
- June 1 – Yang Zhongjian, vertebrate paleontologist (b. 1897)
- Zheng Xiaocang, writer, translator, and educator (b. 1892)
- Rocha da Silva, Pascal (2006). "La politique de l'enfant unique en République populaire de Chine Archived 2007-11-28 at the Wayback Machine" ("The politics of one child in the People's Republic of China"). Université de Genève (University of Geneva). p. 22-8. (in French)
- "Jianping YANG - Olympic Archery | People's Republic of China". International Olympic Committee. 18 June 2016. Retrieved 3 July 2019.