1979 in China
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1979 in the People's Republic of China)
|See also:||Other events of 1979
List of years in China
Timeline of Chinese history
1979 in the Republic of China
Events in the year 1979 in the People's Republic of China.
- Chairman of the Communist Party of China – Hua Guofeng
- President of the People's Republic of China – abolished
- Premier of the People's Republic of China – Hua Guofeng
- Chairman of the National People's Congress: Ye Jianying
- Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference – Deng Xiaoping
- January 1 – The United States and the People's Republic of China establish full diplomatic relations.
- January - The One Child Policy is announced and implemented (est.)
- February 17 – The People's Republic of China invades northern Vietnam, launching the Sino-Vietnamese War.
- March 14 – In China, a Hawker Siddeley Trident crashes into a factory near Beijing, killing at least 260.
- February 9 – Zhang Ziyi, Chinese film actress
- March 5 – Tang Gonghong, Female Chinese weightlifter
- March 12 – Liu Xuan, Chinese Gymnast
- August 27 – Tian Liang, Chinese diver
- Rocha da Silva, Pascal (2006). "La politique de l'enfant unique en République populaire de Chine" ("The politics of one child in the People's Republic of China"). Université de Genève (University of Geneva). p. 22-8. (French)