1980 Wimbledon Championships
|1980 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date||23 June - 6 July|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Draw||128S / 64D / 64MX|
London, United Kingdom
|Evonne Goolagong Cawley|
|Peter McNamara / Paul McNamee|
|Kathy Jordan / Anne Smith|
|Tracy Austin / John Austin|
The 1980 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, England. The tournament ran from 23 June until 6 July. It was the 94th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the second Grand Slam tennis event of 1980.
The total prize money for 1980 championships was £293,464. The winner of the men's title earned £20,000 while the women's singles champion earned £18,000.
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64||Round of 128|
|Men's Doubles *||£8,400||£4,200||£2,100||£1,050||£570||£190||£90||N/A|
|Women's Doubles *||£7,276||£3,638||£1,680||£840||£400||£130||£62||N/A|
|Mixed Doubles *||£4,420||£2,210||£1,050||£520||£260||£0||£0||N/A|
* per team
- • It was Borg's 10th career Grand Slam singles title and his 5th and last title at Wimbledon. The match that was played was believed to be the greatest match ever.
- • It was Goolagong Cawley's 7th and last career Grand Slam singles title and her 3rd title at Wimbledon.
- It was McNamara's 2nd career Grand Slam title and his 1st Wimbledon title. It was McNamee's 2nd career Grand Slam title and his 1st Wimbledon title.
- It was Jordan's 2nd career Grand Slam title and her 1st Wimbledon title. It was Smith's 3rd career Grand Slam title and her 1st Wimbledon title.
- It was Tracy Austin's 2nd career Grand Slam title and her only Wimbledon title. It was John Austin's only career Grand Slam title.
1980 French Open
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1980 U.S. Open