1980 in home video
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
1980 in home video:
- Paramount Pictures studios form home entertainment divisions.
- December - By the end of the year, the Disco Vision format is available all across the United States.
- December 2 - Swedish current affairs programme Studio S discusses video nasty.
- Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment enters the home video market.
The following movies were released on video on the following dates:
|January 1||The Muppet Movie||Magnetic Video||VHS, Beta, and Laserdisc|
|March 4||20,000 Leagues Under the Sea||Disney|
|The Apple Dumpling Gang||Disney|
|Bedknobs and Broomsticks||Disney|
|The Black Hole||Disney|
|Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier||Disney|
|Escape to Witch Mountain||Disney|
|Hot Lead and Cold Feet||Disney|
|The Love Bug||Disney|
|The North Avenue Irregulars||Disney|
|October 25||The Wizard of Oz||MGM/CBS Home Video|
|November 26||Cheech & Chong's Next Movie||Universal||Laserdisc release|
|December 30||Mary Poppins||Disney|
- Hello, Dolly!
- Jaws 2
- The Jerk
- Magnum Force
- Midnight Express
- The Sting
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- History of Media Technology (accessed 8 April 2011)
- Horisont 1980, Bertmarks förlag, page 276 - Videovåld avslöjades