1980s in Ghana details events of note that happened in Ghana in the years 1980 to 1989.
- 31 December 1981 - in another Jerry Rawlings -led coup the Hilla Limann government is overthrown.
- 31 December 1981 - the Provisional National Defense Council (PNDC) forms a new government.
- 5 January 1982 - Jerry Rawlings presents a detailed statement explaining the factors that necessitated the termination of the Third Republic in a radio broadcast.
- June 1982 - an attempted coup attempt discovered, those implicated are executed.
- 1983 - more than one million Ghanaians return to Ghana after being expelled from Nigeria.
- 1983-84 - widespread bush fires devastate crop production.
- 1987 - economic progress results in a drop of inflation to 20 percent.
In addition, several other places observe local holidays, such as the foundation of their town. These are also "special days."