1981 in Malaysia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references (sources). (December 2009)|
1981 in Malaysia
24 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Sultan Ahmad Shah
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Tengku Ampuan Afzan
- Prime Minister:
- Deputy Prime Minister: Dato' Musa Hitam
- Sultan of Johor:
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Ismail Petra
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah II
- Sultan of Pahang: Tengku Abdulah (Regent)
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Mahmud Al-Muktafi Billah Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Jaafar
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang:
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Syed Zahiruddin bin Syed Hassan
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak:
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah: Tun Mohd Adnan Robert
- April – The Amanah Saham Nasional scheme is launched.
- June – The new Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad building at Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur is officially opened.
- 16 July – Tun Hussein Onn resigns as prime minister.
- 17 July – Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad officially became the fourth Malaysian prime minister.
- 18 July – Tun Musa Hitam was appointed Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- 23 July – Work Minister S. Samy Vellu announced that the Penang Bridge, Penang would be constructed using the cable-stayed concrete girder of the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge instead of the steel-tied arch in the style of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Anita and Aniza — First Malaysian siamese twins
- Shahrol Yuzy — Malaysian motorcycle Grand Prix rider
- Nicholas Teo — Malaysian Chinese singer
- Wong Pei Tty — Malaysian woman badminton player (doubles)
- Mawi — Malaysian singer
- Indra Putra Mahayuddin — Malaysian footballer
- Akmal Rizal Ahmad Rakhli — Malaysian footballer
|This Southeast Asian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|