This article does not cite any sources
. (December 2009)
The year 1981 in architecture involved some significant events.
- JPMorgan Chase Tower, Houston, Texas designed by I. M. Pei is completed.
- Sydney Tower in Sydney, Australia is completed and opened.
- Colonius in Cologne, Germany is completed.
- Fifth Avenue Place (Calgary) in Calgary, Alberta
- The Riyadh TV Tower in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is completed.
- The National Palace of Culture opens in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Howell High School in Howell, MI is completed as the most expensive high school at the time in the State of Michigan.
- The Marriott World Trade Center originally known as the Vista Hotel, is completed in Lower Manhattan, New York as a part of the World Trade Center complex.
- The Humber Bridge in England, the longest suspension bridge in the world by the length of central span (1981-1998), designed by Freeman Fox & Partners (consulting engineers) and R. E. Slater (architect) is opened to traffic.