1981 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1971 . 1972 . 1973 . 1974 . 1975 . 1976 . 1977 ...
1978 1979 1980 -1981- 1982 1983 1984
... 1985 . 1986 . 1987 . 1988 . 1989 . 1990 . 1991 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1981 in architecture involved some significant events.
- JPMorgan Chase Tower, Houston, Texas designed by I. M. Pei is completed.
- Sydney Tower in Sydney, Australia is completed and opened.
- Colonius in Cologne, Germany is completed.
- The Riyadh TV Tower in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is completed.
- The National Palace of Culture opens in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Howell High School in Howell, MI is completed as the most expensive high school at the time in the State of Michigan.
- The Marriott World Trade Center originally known as the Vista Hotel, is completed in Lower Manhattan, New York as a part of the World Trade Center complex.
- AIA Gold Medal - Josep Lluís Sert.
- Architecture Firm Award - Hardy Holzman Pfeiffer Associates.
- Grand prix national de l'architecture - Gérard Thurnauer, Pierre Riboulet and Jean-Louis Veret.
- Pritzker Prize - James Stirling.
- RAIA Gold Medal - Colin Madigan.
- RIBA Royal Gold Medal - Philip Dowson.
- Twenty-five Year Award - Farnsworth House.