1981 in home video
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
1981 in home video:
|Years in home video:||1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s|
|Years:||1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984|
- 22 March - The analog format called SelectaVision which were Capacitance Electronic Discs (popularly known as "videodiscs") is introduced by RCA.
- 9 June - The parliament of Sweden adopts a law to ban the spreading violent video movies to children under the age of 15, and even hinder, but not ban by law, adults from watching video movies with "brutal and sadist violence". The adult case, however, is seen as a constitutional change and requires the proposal to first stay dormant for at least 9 month.
- 10 June - The Laserdisc format is introduced in Japan.
- "Laserdisc" becomes the common name for the format originally introduced (in 1978) as "DiscoVision".
The following movies were released on video on the following dates:
|March 30||Flash Gordon||Universal Studios||Laserdisc release|
|June 26||The Absent-Minded Professor||Disney|
|The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again||Disney|
|Davy Crockett and the River Pirates||Disney|
|The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh||Disney|
|October 15||Alice in Wonderland||Disney|
|Darby O'Gill and the Little People||Disney|
|The Devil and Max Devlin||Disney|
|Herbie Rides Again||Disney|
|The Shaggy Dog||Disney|
|The Sign of Zorro||Disney|
|The Watcher in the Woods||Disney|
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- All Quiet on the Western Front
- All That Jazz
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- The Devil and Max Devlin
- Fiddler on the Roof
- Kramer vs. Kramer
- My Fair Lady
- Nine to Five
- The Shining
- Stir Crazy
- The Watcher in the Woods
- CED in the History of Media Technology (accessed 8 April 2011)
- Horisont 1981, Bertmarks förlag, page 154 - Videovåldet barnförbjudet
- "News of laser disk player production end". 14 January 2009. Archived from the original on 19 March 2009. Retrieved 9 March 2009.
This film, television or video-related list is incomplete; you can help by .