1982 FA Charity Shield
|Date||21 August 1982|
|Venue||Wembley Stadium, London|
|Referee||NJ Ashley (Nantwich)|
The 1982 FA Charity Shield was a football match between Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley on 21 August 1982. Liverpool, managed by Bob Paisley had won the 1981–82 Football League, and Tottenham, managed by Keith Burkinshaw had won the 1982 FA Cup Final for the second season in a row to qualify for the season opener which was played the week before the new league season kicked off. Ian Rush scored the only goal in the thirty second minute to win the trophy for a ninth time for Liverpool.
- "Liverpool 1–0 Tottenham Hotspur". LFCHistory.net. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "1981-82 Division One Table Final". Statto.com. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "1982 FA Cup Final". fa-cup finals.co.uk. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- "1982 Charity Shield". football site.co.uk. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Charity Shield is won again". Liverpoolfc.tv. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
|This article about an English association football competition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|