1982 State of the Union Address
The 1982 State of the Union address was given by President Ronald Reagan to a joint session of the 97th United States Congress on Tuesday, January 26, 1982. The speech was the first State of the Union address of President Reagan's first term.
The Democratic Party response was delivered by Senator Donald Riegle (MI), Senator James Sasser (TN), Rep. Albert Gore Jr. (TN), Senator Robert Byrd (W.Va), Senator Edward Kennedy (MA), House Speaker Thomas P. O'Neill III (MA), Senator Gary Hart (CO), Senator Paul Sarbanes (MD), Senator J. Bennett Johnston (LA), and Senator Alan Cranston (CA).
- "Length of State of the Union Addresses in Minutes". Presidency.ucsb.edu. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "Length of State of the Union Addresses". Presidency.ucsb.edu. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "List of Opposition Responses to State of the Union Addresses". Presidency.ucsb.edu. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- (full transcript), The American Presidency Project, UC Santa Barbara.
- Full video and audio, Miller Center of Public Affairs, University of Virginia.
- 1982 State of the Union Address (video) at C-SPAN
1981 State of the Union Address
| State of the Union addresses
1983 State of the Union Address
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|