1983 Seattle Mariners season
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1983 Seattle Mariners|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Dan O'Brien, Sr.|
|Manager(s)||Rene Lachemann, Del Crandall|
|Local television||KSTW-TV 11|
KVI 570 AM|
(Dave Niehaus, Rick Rizzs, Wes Stock)
|< Previous season Next season >|
- December 9, 1982: Rich Bordi was traded by the Mariners to the Chicago Cubs for Steve Henderson.
- January 20, 1983: Danny Tartabull was chosen by the Mariners from the Cincinnati Reds as a free agent compensation pick.
- January 27, 1983: Vance McHenry was traded by the Mariners to the Texas Rangers for Bob Babcock.
- January 28, 1983: Mike Hart was released by the Mariners.
- March 28, 1983: Bobby Brown was released by the Mariners.
- March 31, 1983: Ken Phelps was purchased by the Mariners from the Montreal Expos.
|Chicago White Sox||99||63||0.611||—||55–26||44–37|
|Kansas City Royals||79||83||0.488||20||45–36||34–47|
Record vs. opponents
1983 American League Records
Sources:              
- April 4, 1983: Clint Hurdle was released by the Mariners.
- May 31, 1983: Bob Long was signed as a free agent by the Mariners.
- June 27, 1983: Gaylord Perry was released by the Mariners.
- June 30, 1983: Todd Cruz was purchased from the Mariners by the Baltimore Orioles.
|1983 Seattle Mariners roster|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
- Rich Bordi page at Baseball Reference
- Danny Tartabull page at Baseball Reference
- Vance McHenry page at Baseball Reference
- Mike Hart page at Baseball Reference
- Bobby Brown page at Baseball Reference
- Ken Phelps page at Baseball Reference
- Clint Hurdle page at Baseball Reference
- Bob Long page at Baseball Reference
- Gaylord Perry page at Baseball Reference
- Todd Cruz page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 2nd and 3rd editions. Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America, 1997 and 2007