1984–85 OJHL season
|1984–85 OJHL season|
|League||Ontario Junior Hockey League|
1984-09 – 1985-02
1985-02 – 1985-04
|Number of teams||8|
The winner of the OJHL playoffs, the Orillia Travelways, were already hosting the 1985 Centennial Cup and were therefore exempted from the Buckland Cup/Dudley Hewitt Cup series against the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League champion. Instead, the league finalists, the Aurora Tigers were granted the option of playing for the OHA and Central Canadian Championship. Both the Tigers and Travelways ended up at the Centennial Cup, which the Travelways won.
- Whitby Lawmen join the OJHL.
- Hamilton Mountain A's leave the OJHL.
- North York Rangers become the North York Red Wings.
Note: GP = Games played; W = Wins; L = Losses; OTL = Overtime Losses; SL = Shootout Losses; GF = Goals For; GA = Goals Against; PTS = Points; x = clinched playoff berth; y = clinched division title; z = clinched conference title
1984-85 OJHL Playoffs
- For the Central Canada Championship, please go to the Dudley Hewitt Cup.
- For the National Championship, please go to the 1985 Centennial Cup.
- Orillia Travelways defeated Whitby Lawmen 4-games-to-1
- Aurora Tigers defeated North York Red Wings 4-games-to-none
- Newmarket Flyers defeated Richmond Hill Dynes 4-games-to-2
- Markham Waxers defeated Dixie Beehives 4-games-to-1
- Aurora Tigers defeated Newmarket Flyers 4-games-to-3
- Orillia Travelways defeated Markham Waxers 4-games-to-none
OHA Buckland Cup/Dudley Hewitt Cup Championship
The 1985 Buckland Cup and Dudley Hewitt Cup was a best-of-7 series between the Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) and the Aurora Tigers. The Tigers played because the Orillia Travelways were granted an opt-out as hosts of the 1985 Centennial Cup. The winner moved on to the 1985 Centennial Cup with Orillia.
- Aurora Tigers defeated Sudbury Cubs 4-games-to-none
- Aurora 12 - Sudbury 5
- Aurora 7 - Sudbury 2
- Aurora 9 - Sudbury 4
- Aurora 6 - Sudbury 2
1985 Centennial Cup Championship
The 1985 Centennial Cup was the Canadian National Junior A championship in Orillia, Ontario, hosted by the Orillia Travelways. The Orillia Travelways won the event, while the Aurora Tigers lost the semi-final.
- Orillia Travelways defeated Cole Harbour Colts (MVJHL) 8-1
- Aurora Tigers defeated Penticton Knights (BCJHL) 8-4
- Orillia Travelways defeated Aurora Tigers 11-3
- Cole Harbour Colts (MVJHL) defeated Aurora Tigers 7-5
- Orillia Travelways defeated Penticton Knights (BCJHL) 6-3
Players taken in the 1985 NHL Entry Draft
- Rd 6 #112 Brian McReynolds - New York Rangers (Orillia Travelways)
- Rd 6 #123 Danton Cole - Winnipeg Jets (Aurora Tigers)
- Rd 10 #200 Brad Hamilton - Chicago Blackhawks (Aurora Tigers)
- 1985 Centennial Cup
- Dudley Hewitt Cup
- List of OJHL seasons
- Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League
- Central Junior A Hockey League
- Thunder Bay Flyers
- 1984 in ice hockey
- 1985 in ice hockey
- Official website of the Ontario Junior Hockey League
- Official website of the Canadian Junior Hockey League
1983–84 OJHL season
|Ontario Hockey Association
Junior A Seasons
1985–86 OJHL season